As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic continues we are aware that this is a time of high anxiety, confusion and a sense of uncertainty for those we work with as well as ourselves, and our friends and family. As a result, we wanted to provide some information that might be helpful, including:
1. Information on who may be at risk for experiencing particularly heightened levels of anxiety
2. Resources that might be helpful for children and their families
3. A suggested model for ideas for having discussions with children about coronavirus
4. Some tips for staff, children and family members who are hoping to reduce their levels of anxiety
5. Ideas for disseminating resources that might help children and their families.