The workshop will help schools identify key aims and objectives for their own individual playgrounds, explore the strengths and opportunities that exist and start to plan how to maximise impact however big or small the space available is.
An interactive workshop designed for schools looking to revamp, redesign or adapt their outdoor play space with a focus on increasing physical activity opportunities for all pupils. Helping schools to achieve their 30 active minutes for ALL pupils as identified in the Childhood Obesity Plan, providing opportunities for children to develop their creative, social and cognitive abilities through activity and help pupils to love being physical. The workshop will include examples of how others schools have developed their play space, possible funding streams available and support schools to create an effective action plan.
By the end of the day, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the role the outdoor environment in school can have on pupils health & wellbeing
- Identify the impact physical activity can have on attainment
- Identify the key strengths & opportunities of their own school outdoor space
- Identify the key challenges the school faces in developing their outdoor space
- Create a development plan for their own outdoor play space
- Utilise effective consultation methods with pupils, staff and families about the play space
- Describe a range of funding opportunities to help with developments
- Use case studies of local schools to help with planning
Course cost: Schools with an SLA - Free = 1 credit, Non SLA schools - £125.00 per delegate. Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing or Active Schools+ SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits. The full 'PAYG' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits. For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary School Staff, Governors, PTA members, PHSE, PE, Physical activity coordinators, Mid-day supervisors, TA's, teachers.