Ongoing assessment is at the heart of teaching and learning. As part of the suite of key stage 1 assessment sessions, these twilights are designed to provide teachers with practical opportunities to develop their assessment practice of reading, writing and mathematics through moderation.
The sessions will be supported by assessment colleagues, school practitioners and key stage 1 moderators. The focus of the autumn sessions is to develop provision and practice based on the statutory teaching content of the national curriculum, evidencing progress across ability ranges.
The sessions will support colleagues in developing effective moderation practice by:
- reflecting on the outcomes of the key stage 1 moderation process in 2018-19
- supporting colleagues with mathematics assessment
- sharing useful resources and guidance to support moderation
- providing focused input to support Year 2 planning and practice
- providing moderation opportunities with colleagues from other schools
- responding to questions and concerns
This is one of two sessions taking place in different venues. The twilight will involve dedicated time to focus on pupils’ work in school. To enable this, please bring a selection of evidence at each of the three standards (WTS, EXS and GDS) from your class from this year. Cost: £80 for non-SLA schools/£60 for SLA schools To book a place, please register and book online at www.leedsforlearning.co.uk and search for the course code Further queries please contact: email@example.com
Year 2 teachers