This course is a half-day introduction to child protection issues for those who work with children within the education sector. The aim is to provide participants with a basic awareness of what child abuse is, child protection procedures and professional responses to child protection concerns.
This course aims:
- To raise awareness of the varied nature of child abuse.
- To increase understanding of the current definitions and statistics of child abuse.
- To examine the different roles of staff working within the education sector.
- To raise awareness of the signs and indicators of possible abuse.
- To increase confidence in dealing with a disclosure of possible abuse from a young person.
- To increase knowledge of appropriate monitoring and recording of concerns.
- To define their roles and responsibilities, including dealing with disclosure, monitoring and recording.
The cost of this training is £55.00. If for any reason you are unable to attend please give at least 5 working days' notice of cancellation, or the full fee will become payable. Non-attendance will also incur the full fee. Please let us know if you have any special requirements. In the event of any problem please contact Eileen Murray on 0113 378 5046.
Any professional working with children, young people and their families, particularly NQT’s, pastoral staff and staff from local authority Clusters.