Our one day certified Paediatric First Aid Training provides learners with the skills, knowledge and confidence to act effectively, particularly when it matters.
We provide certified Paediatric First Aid training for the children’s workforce whether this is for registered provision or those not required to become registered with Ofsted such as nannies. This course supports enabling more practitioners than the minimum legal requirement of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) 2017 for settings looking to enhance the number of staff with a recognised first aid qualification.
Learners are continually assessed throughout the training and will receive a practical handbook to work through during the course and keep for future reference. The course lasts for a minimum of 6 hours (1 day) which includes time for the final assessment. Certificates are issued when the learner has completed the full course requirements.
This course takes account of the changes and clarification in the latest Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) 2017 regarding the new requirements for newly qualified level 2 and 3 staff working in childcare settings, refer to EYFS paragraph 3.25 and footnote. Our course follows the course outline of St John Ambulance and British Red Cross who are highlighted as' standard-setters for currently accepted first aid practice' and is consistent with the criteria set out in Annex A (EYFS 2017). Comments from some of our delegates who work across childcare, education and school settings:
- It’s been highly enjoyable and informative.
- Better – relevant to school setting and examples relate to real life in school – Previous 1st aid course was not as in-depth too many on it and not relevant.
- Really enjoyed this course. Everything explained really well.
- Tutor was extremely knowledgeable and gave us loads of information.
- Easily explained, supported when unsure.
- Thorough and well-paced with a mix of listening, practical and videos.
Our course meets all of the requirements if Annex A (EYFS 2017), these include the following.
Paediatric First Aid training includes procedures for children across the full age range, from young babies through to puberty. This course is relevant for practitioners working in any setting or school and provides detailed contextual information about undertaking first aid where children are present.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take.
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally.
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally.
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure.
- Help a baby or child who is choking.
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding.
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock).
Please note we are a 'not for profit' traded service and our prices are calculated accordingly.
A course suitable for those already working in early years, education and childcare or new to the workforce needing to undertake a certified course in First Aid.