The basic elements of governance are covered in this course which will be delivered with emphasis on the challenges of making sure school governance is effective in contributing to the raising of standards in school.
The courses are a combination of presentations, group discussions, group and individual activities and plenty of time for questions. Hand-outs will be provided and it is recommended that these are circulated to the whole governing body for information.
- Understand the governors’ role in monitoring
- Appreciate the range of performance information available to the school
- Participate confidently in visits to school
- Explain why, how and to whom schools are accountable
- Understand how the headteacher is accountable to the governing body
£120 per delegate. Schools that purchase the Gold SLA may be entitled to a pre-paid place
Governors should also attend Induction 1 which is bookable separately.