This is the second of three sessions and will be based on the results of a pre-course questionnaire and will examine in more detail aspects of the chairs’ role identified by the participants as being areas for development
This course will look at:
The sessions will encourage participants to share leadership skills and make good use of the expertise and knowledge of others. There will also be ample opportunity for participants to share challenges and successes with other chairs and to discuss topical issues.
- Recruiting, inducting and developing new governors
- Structuring the governing body
- Effective meetings and decision-making
- To be able to successfully manage the relationship between the chair and the head teacher
- To gain confidence in the chair’s role in leading the governing body to become more effective at strategic leadership
- To gain strategies for the recruitment and retention of governors with the required skills and experience
- To know how the structure of the governing body and committees impacts on the effectiveness of the governing body
- To know what information is available to governing bodies and how to use this strategically
- To ensure the governing body is able to hold the school to account
£120 per delegate. Schools that buy the Gold SLA may be entitled to a pre-paid place.
This is a three part development course and all three sessions should be booked separately.
Chair, Chairs of Committee or Aspiring Chairs