This is a Skype network, if you do not have Skype for Business please download the free app as advised in the attached ‘How to Join a Skype Network’ document. You will only need to do this once but please try and do this a couple of days in advance of the Skype event). 2 working days in advance of your training you will receive an email from the Leeds for Learning team with your Skype link. As long as you have Skype for Business or have downloaded the app you will simply click on this link at the appointed time to join the Skype event.
This is the third of three sessions and will be based on the results of a pre-course questionnaire and will examine in more detail aspects of the chairs’ role identified by the participants as being areas for development
This session will consider the chair's role in supporting strategic leadership and ensuring accountability. It will include the governing body's role in ensuring the school has a clear vision, understanding the chair’s role in engaging the governing body in the school improvement cycle and identify ways in which the governing body can hold the school to account
- To be able to successfully manage the relationship between the chair and the head teacher
- To gain confidence in the chair’s role in leading the governing body to become more effective at strategic leadership
- To gain strategies for the recruitment and retention of governors with the required skills and experience
- To know how the structure of the governing body and committees impacts on the effectiveness of the governing body
- To know what information is available to governing bodies and how to use this strategically
- To ensure the governing body is able to hold the school to account
£120 per delegate. Schools that buy the gold SLA may be entitled to a pre-paid place.
This is a 3 part development programme and all parts need to be booked separately.
Chair, Chairs of committees, Aspiring Chairs.