This course is ideal for schools new to school food ambassadors or those with experience. School Food Ambassadors will enable you to improve or transform your school lunch service through the eyes of the child.
This training course is a fantastic opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence of your ambassadors. It will help to raise aspirations and increase pupil participation, ensuring that your pupils are experts when it comes to food and healthy eating.
This training session will support pupils in schools who are School Food Ambassadors (SFA). It aims to help pupils to become more confident with their role and enhance their skills to monitor and improve school meals.
Delegates will learn about the importance of healthy school meals and have an opportunity to share best practice of the SFA programme and meet other young ambassadors. Pupils will become knowledgeable of the School Food Standards, the Eatwell Guide and the importance of overall health and wellbeing.
Due to limited capacity each school is invited to bring up to two School Food Ambassadors who must be accompanied by one member of staff (ideally your SFA lead officer). Drinks will be provided and delegates (pupils and staff) are invited to bring their own healthy lunch.
- To train and support your pupil School Food Ambassadors (SFAs)
- To improve their ability and skills to carry out their role in school
- To build the confidence of your SFA’s
- To gain knowledge of the School Food Standards and the Eatwell Guide
- To share best practice and learn from other schools about their challenges and success stories of SFA
- Have an opportunity for SFA’s to speak and present their story of how your school has benefited from the model
Health & Wellbeing SLA credit value = 1 credits Cost: £125 per delegate. Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits. The full 'PAYG' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits. For further information please contact email@example.com